I'm ready to share my favourite nice cream recipe. If you haven't made nice cream by now, you need to. All it really is, is Frozen Bananas. It's the healthiest form of 'ice-cream' you can eat, and it's incredible. So this means, nice cream is totally acceptable for breakfast. When I'm feeling a bit down, nice cream is my go to 'pick-me-up'. Swirled with a bit of cacao and maca, I like to think my hormones and serotonin levels are regulated a bit. HA! Which of course you don't have to use if you don't have it, but I highly recommend. This is a super easy recipe today. It can be a great way to use up those old bananas, or to impress your guest (or yourself) with this super quick, healthy nice cream. Anyone with a food processor can do this. Don't be afraid if you don't have an amazing high speed blender. Mine is pretty damn awful, but it still creates this lovely creamy texture (even if I have to hold my processor firmly to the work surface!)
Maca & Cacao Nice Cream
Our favourite Nice Cream! Most delicious, creamy texture infused with rich flavours from cacao and maca for a nutritious touch. Super quick sweet fix or on the go breakfast.
Author: The Hungry Herbivores
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack, Sweet
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free, Healthy
- 4 Frozen Banana, Chopped
- 1.5 tsp maca powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. Chocolate soya milk (optional)
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Blend the bananas, maca and sea salt in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Transfer ¾ of the mix into a bowl/jar.
- Add the cacao and choc milk (if using) to the rest of the banana nice cream and blend.
- Swirl in the chocolate nice cream and top with pomegranate seeds
Reader Rating: 0 Votes