I’ve been at this blogging malarkey for a while now and I have not yet shared a granola recipe! Shame on me. I live off of oats. They are incredible, versatile grain that are excellent for your bod. My everyday breakfast generally consists of porridge, granola, muesli or overnight oats, unless i’m trying to be all fancy for Instagram, my friends or if I decide to be nice to Dillon… Start your day with oats, and it’ll keep you fuller for longer because of it’s slow releasing starches, as well as dietary fibre and minerals.
This granola is flavoursome and flavoursome. Unlike the sugar-loaded store bought granola, we have used coconut oil as our healthy fat and unrefined, low GI coconut sugar and creamy tahini to bind our delicious oat & nut mixture.
We have filled our granola with flaked coconut, hemp seeds, flaked almonds, maca powder and gojis. However, you can go ahead and fill up your mix with any nut and seed you have lurking in your cupboards.
Granola is an excellent staple breakfast. It is delicious combined with nut milks or yoghurts, giving yourself a B12 boast for the morning. Alternatively, it tastes great with fruit and nice-cream or even as a fruit crumble topping.
Try out our simple granola recipe & let us know what you think!
- 4 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup goji berries
- 2 tbsp. maca powder (optional, but recommended)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup water
- Pre heat your oven at 190C/375F/Gas mark 4 and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Add oats, coconut, almonds, hemp seeds, maca and salt to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat Coconut oil, coconut sugar, tahini and water in a saucepan until completely melted. Stir often.
- Pour the melted ingredients over the oats and fold until completely incorporated.
- Spread the oats over the baking trays and place in the oven for 20 minutes, watch closely to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the oven, toss in the goji berries lightly and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool on wire racks until cooled, then crack into clusters and store in an airtight container.
Reader Rating: 0 Votes