Our first valentines video is here! Vegan Valentines For Her features our Vegan Buttermilk Berry Waffle recipe, which is a perfect breakfast in bed to treat your Misses (or Mister) this vday. Below there is a video tutorial on these super simple waffles as well as a written recipe for those who prefer it.
Our recipe is quick and simple, the only requirement is a waffle iron. If you don’t have one, we recommend you invest! You can find super cheap ones if your budget is tight and you won’t regret it after a few waffle mornings. We currently use Severin 107847 Waffle Maker, which has worked fine for us, plus it’s beautiful heart shape mould is a go-to for valentines!
Because of the Valentines theme, we decided to stick with berries. The juicy, fruits work well with the sweet waffles along with a generous lashing of soy cream and Choc Shot (we can’t get enough.)
These waffles can be enjoyed by many, being gluten-free, vegan and optionally soy-free. We have used plain gluten-free flour and oat flour. Oat flour can be made by blending gluten-free oats into a fine powder, that simple!
The waffles are also refined sugar-free, essentially guilt-free! Double the recipe, and stack those waffles high for a big breakfast.
Check out our video and get inspired to create a romantic, vegan valentines for your loved one!
- 1½ cup non-dairy milk (we used almond)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup agave
- 2½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- Soy single cream and/or Choc Shot (optional)
- Pour non-dairy milk, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes to curdle.
- Meanwhile stir together the oat flour, gf flour and salt in a large bowl.
- After the milk has curdled, stir in the agave and vanilla extract and add to the dry ingredients and fold & stir until there are no lumps left. Set aside.
- Heat your waffle iron, then spray with oil on both sides.
- Pour the batter onto the iron, letting it almost come to the edges of the mould.
- Cook for about 10 minutes (depending on your waffle iron) or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Repeat the process until all the batter is used, pile on strawberries and blueberries, drizzle with soy cream and choc shot if using.
Reader Rating: 0 Votes