kMacadamias are a treat in The Hungry Herbivores kitchen. In fact bought my macadamias because they were discounted (I can’t resist a red label.) If you’re in my boat too, then I suggest you treat yourself with these gorgeous macadamia and white chocolate cookies, that are entirely vegan!! Macadamias are extremely creamy and rich, making them such a unique nut and creates such a moreish addition to a cookie. However, if you’re not a fan or not going to fork out for the macadamias, why not try blanched almonds instead!
This cookie recipe is one I’ve followed for many cookies, often changing up the flavours. This one was a must share! These cookies can be knocked up in half an hour, you’ve just got to challenge yourself not to start eating them before they have a chance to cool down! The cookies are soft and melt in your mouth without even needing to dip them in the tea (although the tea is great for melting those white chocolate chunks!)
In this recipe I used PASCHA White choc chips.They are made from rice milk and taste incredible! You can use any vegan white chocolate chips, or even cut up a white chocolate bar. I’ve only used a little white chocolate in the recipe, but feel free to add a little more if you’re a big chocolate lover.
Has that image above caught your eye? Yes, that is ice cream. I decided these would be the perfect cookies to make into ice cream cookie sandwiches. They are massive! No challenge for me to eat all of it, I suggest you take on that delicious challenge too! I filled these with The Coconut Collaborative ice cream, which is available in Waitrose, Sainsbury’s & Wholefoods.
Give it a go! Tell me what you think
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup coconut sugar *
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp. agave
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup macadamias
- ¼ cup vegan white choc chips
- Pre heat the oven to 325F/160C/Gas mark 3 and line two baking sheets.
- Add the flour, oats, coconut and sugars to a blender and pulse together for a fine grain. Place in a large bowl.
- Heat the marg and agave in a saucepan and let melt completely.
- Place the baking soda in a cup and pour boiling water on top. Give a little whisk and pour into the saucepan.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine fully.
- Fold in the macadamias and white choc chips.
- Use a ice cream scoop to measure each cookie dough ball, or make even balls with your hand.
- Squash the dough slightly and place in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on wire racks for at least 30 minutes.