If you’re a pizza lover, i’m sure that you’ve tried at least one ready made, store-bought pizza base. More than likely, you thought about how much it resembles cardboard, maybe even questioned whether it was. Pizza is one of the top comfort foods for us Herbivores, so we’re not so happy settling for a not so brilliant pizza base! Fear not, we have concocted a beautiful, fluffy pizza dough for a prefect pizza night.
It’s a simple recipe that’s quick to prepare, all you need to give it is time to do it’s rising magic – this is vital for a soft, fluffy dough!
Fresh pizza dough is always a winner. Not only for it’s taste and texture, but also because it’s not filled with preservatives and animal by-products.
Making your own dough allows you to tailor it however you fancy. Thick dough? Stuffed Crusts? Definite yes from us!
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of dough/bread. It’s not at all complex! If Dillon can manage a knead and a mix, then so can you!
Try out the recipe and tell us what you topped your pizza base with!
- 2.5 cups/400g strong white flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 7g dry active yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 320ml warm water
- Stir together the yeast, sugar, olive oil and warm water and set aside for a few minutes
- Meanwhile, sieve flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre of the flour.
- Pour in the wet ingredients into the well and stir together until it forms a wet dough, use your floured hands to bring it together into a ball.
- Dust your work surface with a generous coating of flour and transfer the dough onto it, also dusting the dough with flour.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes, adding flour to the surface when it begins sticking.
- Transfer to a large floured bowl and cover with cling film, pierce a few small holes to allow the dough to breathe, leave in a warm place for 45mins to 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- Once the dough is ready, transfer onto a floured surface and punch out the air. Here you can either transfer to the fridge for later, put in the freezer for another day or simply start making it now!
- Pre heat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4
- Push & pull out the dough into a large circle and form a thicker crust.
- Pop on your toppings and place in the oven for 17-20mins
Reader Rating: 1 Votes